• War is Over - A
"Radio Press News" Clip from the U.S.S. Hancock CV-19 declaring the war was finally over.
• Interesting Mail Exchanges
- Mail to and From Hersch Pahl on this Website. Proving that this Website is having a Positive effect on our Visitors.
Amazing "Back Channel Communications Network
- Hersch reveals how the age-old method for how news got around the ship.
Flags - These Flags were Issued to Pilots
of the Third & Fifth Fleet towards the end of the War.
or Foe - The 'Evolution' of Aircraft Identification
Carvings - Capt Hersch Pahl's Trophy
Carvings and the stories that accompany them.
• The Captain's Morale Booster - Aircraft Side Art - Capt Robert F. Hickey's ingenious plan to fight low morale aboard the Hancock in the closing
years of WWII.
Halsey Powell (DD-686) / USS Hancock (CV-19) Near-Collision - The Untold Story
Reporting - A young Navy Pilot full of exuberance
during heightened excitement shares a night attack on a Japanese "Betty" with the entire crew of the
Last Japanese Kamekaze shot down in WWII:
The "Saving" of an Aussie Destroyer just before the end of the War on 15 August 1945.
Retirement - A Naval Career that spanned 31½ years comes to an end.
Hersch Pahl's Non-Combat Cornerstone Stories
- "A collection of stories which he calls the "Cornerstones
of my aviation experiences"
• More to
come in the future...